Our advanced solutions for manufacturing information can revolutionize your company’s operations.
With new functions in world-leading MES (manufacturing execution system) software you can increase your efficiency, flexibility and productivity.
Embracing new ways of working is not always easy, but when you succeed the rewards are huge.
It’s our mission to ensure you succeed!
- Production data is scattered across operations in several different systems.
- It is difficult to generate key performance indicators for production.
- We can’t trace materials through production when we detect quality problems.
- Operator decisions are based on old information.
- To get production data into business systems we have to rely on manual data entry.
- The sheer amount of production data is bringing our current system to it its knees!
- We carry out calculations using spreadsheets, but there are now just too many spreadsheets
and too much variation in quality.
If these challenges seem all too familiar then our MES solution could revolutionize the way you work.
- Manufacturing execution system (MES) is an umbrella term for a variety of functions that primarily bridge the gap between automation systems and business systems.
- MES is particularly suitable within production and process industries.
- An important function within MES is to store process information in the form of time-stamped data from some kind of log. This type of data storage function is applicable to many other operational areas outside of production and process industries.
- Today, many companies are moving towards condition-based maintenance. This requires data collection in order to help maintenance personnel make optimal decisions. Data collection is one of the most important functions in a MES solution.
- Greater possibilities for reporting production information to business systems in real time.
- MES provides faster, more uniform and accurate information to support optimal decision making across all areas of operation.
- More effective system administration. Provides the possibility to reduce the variation and number of systems requiring administration, thus reducing administration costs.
- Ensures good structure and ordering of production information, which is essential for optimizing production.
Replacing information islands with a process data storage solution can lead to operational improvements
and major business benefits.
- The production and process industries have faced the challenge of huge data volumes (big data) for many years. In order to turn production data into business value it needs to be uniformly structured and there needs to be tools available to help extract the important information.
- Modern systems allow more data to be stored. Aggregation functions prior to data storage are no longer needed. This means today’s users have access to much more data.
- Tools in modern MES solutions make it simple to find information within the large volumes of data. These tools provide the possibility to carry out intelligent searches and comprehensive analyses with the help of highly efficient trending tools. Displaying information according to a user’s position is another way MES can filter data so users see the right information.
- Industry 4.0 and the intelligent factory are terms that describe how businesses in the future will achieve greater flexibility, more efficient production and increased quality. The fundamental principle being that materials and machines in the production supply chain will carry more information with them as they go from raw material to finished product.
- Going forward, it will become ever more important to connect business-level systems with production-related systems. Including MES functionality to support production operations is a prerequisite for achieving the goals of Industry 4.0.
MES bridges the gap between automation and business systems, and is essential in order to exploit the vast amounts of data generated by operations.
Just implementing a MES solution does not, in itself, guarantee success. There are a number of key factors for ensuring you are able to meet your objectives and realize the value return you expect.
Think big but take small steps – Successful implementation of a MES solution requires breaking the project down into smaller parts or specific functions, each of which needs managing separately, but with the long-term goal always in focus. You can prioritize and schedule implementation according to the order that operational functions should be handled in the project. In this way it is possible to learn from and improve project efficiency as you go along.
Commit and prepare for change – The purpose of a new MES solution is to improve your processes. This means current working methods are going to need to change. To be successful your organization needs to be willing to change at all levels. There also needs to be a shared commitment to achieving the project’s goals.
- We have helped many customers across many industries, including life science, energy, metal and mineral, and paper and pulp.
- We work with world-leading products and have extensive experience of integrating solutions with existing automation and business systems.
- We have been an AspenTech partner for more than 20 years. AspenTech is a leading global supplier of software for optimizing process manufacturing.
- We have in depth expertise relating to aspenONE, the industry’s leading software suite for process optimization.
- We establish long-term cooperation with our customers to build confidence and ensure trust both during and after project implementation.